Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
A two-day interactive workshop to learn suicide prevention skills
Support Suicide-Safer Communities… It begins with you
- Discuss suicide risk and safety openly and directly
- Consider how attitudes and experiences affect helping
- Learn and apply a model for suicide first aid intervention
- Share ways to care for and support yourself as a helper
Interactive learning is simulated through teaching and audio-visuals. Small groups increase opportunities for discussion and skills practice. Attendance at both days is essential.
Become better prepared to:
- Recognise when someone may be thinking of suicide
- Respond in ways that clarify and address suicide risk
- Understand why suicide thoughts are present
- Work together to review risk and increase safety
- Facilitate links with further help
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) in Karratha
WHEN: Monday 24 June & Tuesday 25 June 2019
REGISTRATION: Commences at 8:15
DAY 1: Session begins at 8:30am and finishes at 4:30pm
DAY 2: Session begins at 8:30am and finishes at 4:30pm
WHERE: Tambrey Pavillion
Tambrey Rd, Nickol (@Tambrey Oval next to Tambrey Primary School)
MEALS: Refreshments and light lunch will be provided
COST: This workshop is FREE due to funding provided by Mission Australia & the Mental Health Commission.
PLEASE NOTE: Sessions start on time and participants are required to attend both days.
As Aboriginal people we have too many losses and experience grief far too much. Build your wellbeing to develop your spirit through talking, massage and other treatments.
In partnership with Relationship Australia WA, Wadjak Northside and Miya Kaadadjiny Community Centre.
WHEN: Mondays. 6pm-8.30pm. JUNE 10, 17
(no sessions on public holiday
WHERE: Miya Kaadadjiny Communit Centre (Demountable at Girrawheen SHS)
39 Calvert Way, Girrawheen
Further information contact Angela Ryder on 61640651 or 0417901788, email@example.com