Aboriginal Youth Engagement Traineeship
Traineeship Duration – Minimum 12 months commencing mid-April 2019 in Port Hedland or Karratha
Exciting opportunity for a truly passionate individual to combine paid employment and study undertaking a certificate IV in Mental Health.
Headspace Pilbara – With Anglicare WA as the lead agency, provide person centred, youth friendly primary and mental health care services to young people with mild to moderate mental health challenges affecting their wellbeing.
The Youth Engagement Trainee – As part of the broader headspace Pilbara team, will specifically work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people within the Pilbara in a youth community engagement capacity. This role will aim to increase access to mental health services and programmes for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander young people living in the Pilbara as well as increase their mental health literacy and encourage positive help seeking.
We would, therefore, love to hear from you if you:
- Have a passion for working with young people
- Have a minimum of year 10 school certificate
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Have knowledge, understanding or experience of how to work effectively with young Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander from the Pilbara
- Would like to study and complete a certificate in IV Mental Health while working with us.
- Are a natural communicator with good interpersonal skills.
We will offer, in return for passion and commitment:
- Generous annual salary rate for the duration of the traineeship (30hours per week) which includes paid work and on the job training, course attendance and paid study leave.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact with the Pilbara communities.
- Welcoming, supportive and inspirational team environment and culture.