EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for empowering people in Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, career centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Community Supervisor to effectively lead and manage the community team to deliver the programs and workshops aligned to their roles. The successful candidate will also be required to deliver and effectively facilitate community events whilst enhancing EPIC’s community profile.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the Community Team in Karratha to effectively deliver services that align to the contract requirements,
- Provide direction and support to the Community Team in relation to their role, activities and events and the programs and workshops they deliver,
- Responsible for the planning and facilitation of EPIC’s calendar of events,
- Monitor and report on key deliverables for each Community Program aligned to the Strategic Plan;
- Facilitate weekly team meetings;
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative partnerships with relevant stakeholders to enhance EPIC’s profile and program delivery;
- Ensuring EPIC’s values, behaviours and vision are demonstrated in all that the Community Team deliver.
Experience and Selection Criteria
- Diploma or Degree Qualification in Community Event Management and/or Leadership Management;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Community Events and/or Leadership Field;
- Excellent planning and project development skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Culturally sensitive to a broad and diverse client group with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational and effective time management skills;
- Hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence.
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted as applications are received. The position will be withdrawn from SEEK when the position is filled.
For further information contact HR on 9185 0000 or at